Learning about the adaptive formwork technique we wanted to take the opportunity to cast something which would not have been possible to cast otherwise. We came to the idea of using tape in order to create a mold. We chose fruit as our shapes and by rolling tape around them we were able to create a mold which had the shape of the fruits.
In contrast to the rather ‘free’ creation of the fruit molds we also made a more strict geometrical shape out of paper.
The concrete is still drying but will soon be taken out of its molds. We are a bit worried that the slurry might not have passed through the aggregate, even though we made the recipie with one part cement and one part water. But we will see what happends.
To be continued!